top of page

Minister Flanagan announces new online Registration Renewal System for Dublin-based non-EEA students

If you wish to continue residing in the state, you must renew your immigration permission with the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service. The new online system launched by INIS is currently available for students residing in Co. Dublin.

How does it work?

  • submit your application and supporting documentation online,

  • pay the registration fee online, and

  • then post your original in-date passport, original IRP card and a copy of the acknowledgement email to ISD (Immigration Service Delivery) including stamp number via REGISTERED POST to Registration Office Renewals, Immigration Service Delivery, 13-14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2, D02 XK70.

Required documents

You will be asked to upload the following documents with your online application. These must be scanned. The only formats accepted are PDF, PNG and JPEG.

  • Biometric page of your current valid passport(s).

  • The front and back of your current IRP card.

  • Proof of private medical insurance.

  • An original letter from your college/school confirming you are enrolled as a student.

  • Proof that you have paid college/school fees.

  • Proof that you have an attendance record of at least 85% at your school/college. (Required for people on English or Irish Language courses).

  • Proof of your exam results (Required for people on Third Level Degree College courses).

Click here for detailed FAQS.

What are the qualifying criteria for applying for renewal? You can apply for this permission if you:

Are resident in Dublin City or Dublin County, have previously registered with the Immigration Service, are a Student, renewing a Stamp 2 or a Stamp 2A permission, have an IRP card that was recently expired or is due to expire in 29 days or less are enrolled in a course of study in either an English Language School or 3rd level college in Dublin, commenced your presence in the State lawfully under student permission with a limited right to work, have remained in permission since then, or if not, have had a minimum of two years' registered student permission, have attempted to avoid being unlawfully in the State through engaging with the immigration authorities, have not had your immigration stamp changed other than a student type permission. For example, you have not been granted a work permit, family reunification or other legal status, are living in the State continuously since your arrival in the State to date, are of good character and of good conduct, have no adverse criminal record in this State or any other country.

Please note that failure to disclose any criminal convictions will result in your application being deemed ineligible, have been lawfully employed in the State while under student permission, and can provide a history of your enrolment/registration as a student, including details of any qualification(s) gained. You must meet the above criteria in order to be granted permission on Stamp 2 conditions.

I hope this is of assistance to you - best wishes!



bottom of page