26 Quotes that shaped my life.
Updated: Jul 23, 2019
As I turn 26 today, wohoo!
Here are 26 quotes that helped me become a better version of myself.
1. “Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place, and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ― Sylvester Stallone, Rocky Balboa
2. “I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.” ― Mario Puzo, The Godfather
3. "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." - George Bernard Shaw
John F. Kennedy’s inaugural address inspired children and adults to see the importance of civic action and public service. His historic words,
4. “Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country,”
5. "You get in life what you have the courage to ask for." - Oprah Winfrey
6. "Life is not always a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well." - Jack London
7. "If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things." - Albert Einstein
8. "Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world." - Joel A. Barker
9. “When it comes to dreams, one may falter, but the only way to fail is to abandon them.” - Dracula series 2013
10. 'Work is worship'. Lord Krishna said, "Karam karo phal ki chinta mat karo," meaning "Perform your duty with generosity and forget what the outcome of that particular duty will be." - Krishna, Bhagvad Gita
11. "Plunge into the world, and then, after a time, when you have suffered and enjoyed all that is in it, will renunciation come; then will calmness come. So fulfil your desire for power and everything else, and after you have fulfilled the desire, will come the time when you will know that they are all very little things; but until you have fulfilled this desire, until you have passed through that activity, it is impossible for you to come to the state of calmness, serenity, and self-surrender." - Karma yoga, Swami Vivekanandan.
12. "You have to believe that the dots will somehow connect in your future." - Steve Jobs
13. “Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.” - Jack Welch
14. "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great
15. "Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower." - Steve Jobs
16. "Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody expects of you. Never excuse yourself." - Henry Ward Beeche
17. "The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set for themselves." - Ray Kroc
18. “One of the most important things for any leader is to never let anyone else define who you are. And you define who you are. I never think of myself as being a woman CEO of this company. I think of myself as a steward of a great institution.” - Ginni Rometty, CEO of IBM
19. “We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better.” - J.K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter series
20. “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill, former British Prime Minister
21. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” - Barack Obama, former U.S. President
22. "People's blessings give you the power to work tirelessly. The only thing required is commitment." - Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi
23. "The distance between number one and number two is always a constant. If you want to improve the organization, you have to improve yourself and the organization gets pulled up with you. That is a big lesson. I cannot just expect the organization to improve if I don't improve myself and lift the organization, because that distance is a constant." - Indra Nooyi
24. "There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." - Nelson Madela
25. "Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out." - John Wooden
26. In the Ramayana, one of the great Sanskrit texts of Hinduism, Ram (God) says to Hanuman, “Who are you?” Hanuman replies, “When I don’t know who I am, I serve you. When I know who I am, you and I are one.” This captures the essence of what the sacred can awaken in us: a life-long calling to be in service and devotion to Love. It is through this service and through this devotion that we begin to realize we are not separate. Love is the very nature of our Being. It is who we are. - Sitaram Dass
I hope you found the above quotes inspiring and perhaps could be your stepping stone towards changing your life forever! Love - SRC.